Center on Global Health Architecture
- Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting will hold an international conference “Accelerating Innovation and Access in Global Health Technologies” with Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, Global Health Innovative Technology Fund, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, and Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovation (registration is needed from the event page).
- Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting (MURC) and the Stop TB Partnership signed an MoU
- Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting (MURC) held an international conference on global health with Chatham House: https://www.chathamhouse.org/event/harnessing-new-technologies-global-health-security
- MURC signed an advisory contract with Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance (GAVI).
Center on Global Health Architecture, MURC will make a contribution to GAVI’s mission for global health.
(A news release is here, and it is in Japanese only.)
- We have opened an official Facebook page.
Who we are
Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting (MURC) is a comprehensive think tank/consulting arm of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (the MUFG Group, a universal banking group that represents Japan) and based in the three major cities in Japan.
The Center on Global Health Architecture was established within the MURC to address pressing global health issues based on a public-private partnership approach.
What we think
Our aim is to contribute to solving the global health issues through dialogue and co-creation. Since we believe in the importance of tackling the issues of global health with a comprehensive approach, our target issues are broad, including nutrition, NCDs (non-communicable diseases), health systems, and UHC (universal health coverage).
At this moment, we focus on infectious diseases, with a value “we should get along/coexist with infectious diseases by 2030″. We investigate how we should invest in R&D for innovative and effective products and deliver them to the market, how we could improve the health system and health-related infrastructure, and how we could develop global health workforce through capacity building.
In addition to the above-mentioned issues, we also explore use of new technologies – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and drones – in the field of public health, and examine how they would affect the future of global health.
In 2016, we launched an action-oriented public-private partnerships (PPP) consortium “Access to Health” that focuses on “Global Health”. In this consortium, members exchange information and knowledge, and discuss ways to solve public health issues in today’s global society. Today we have more than 100 members from a wide variety of entities: United Nations agencies/partnerships, Japanese governmental agencies, international NGOs, private companies, academia, funding agencies, etc.
Since 2016, we have developed our activities under the following four pillars: “closed seminars,” “independent research,” “action-oriented working group,”and “networking with global partners”. Based upon synergy among these four types of activities, we aim to establish a “Global Health Platform” in Japan in partnership with the global society.
Reports from the Center
Other Relevant Reports
Event host / Co-host / As a partner
- (in partnership with) Chatham House, Centre on Global Health Security, Harnessing New Technologies for Global Health Security, 27 March 2018 @ London, UK: https://www.chathamhouse.org/event/harnessing-new-technologies-global-health-security
- (Co-host) British Embassy Tokyo, NESTA, Rapid diagnostic tests to reduce unnecessary use of antibiotics and contribute to objectives of Universal Health Care Coverage: An interactive seminar in the run up to the UHC Summit Tokyo, 11 December 2017, https://www.uhc2030.org/news-events/uhc-forum-2017-side-events/
- (in partnership with) Chatham House, Centre on Global Health Security, The Role of the Private Sector in Global Health Security, 28 September 2017 @ London, UK: https://www.chathamhouse.org/event/role-private-sector-global-health-security
- International Conference on Sustainable Development 2018, 26-28 September 2018 @ NY, USA
- World Benchmarking Alliance, Launching event of the World Benchmarking Alliance, 24 September 2018 @ New York, USA
- Stop TB Partnership, TB Innovation Summit, 23 September 2018 @ NY, USA
- Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark, World Food Summit – Better Food for More People 2018, 30-31 August 2018 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
- The 45th Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) Annual Conference 2018, 13-15 June 2018 @ Minneapolis, USA
- Stop TB Partnership/ World Economic Forum, Barriers in Country Adoption and Access to New, Quality Assured TB Innovations: The Role of Multi-Sectoral Collaboration in Bridging the Gap, 20 May 2018 @ Geneva, Switzerland
- World Benchmarking Alliance, A multi-stakeholder consultation meeting on the World Benchmarking Alliance, 20 April 2018 @ Washington DC, USA
- Joint Inspection Unit of the UN system/ World Association for Sustainable Development, International Conference on “Public – private partnership for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, 10-12 April 2018 @ Geneva, Switzerland
- UN Global Compact Leaders Summit 2017, 21 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- UN Global Compact, Health is Everyone’s Business Partner Workshop, 21 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- International Conference on Sustainable Development 2017, September 19 2017 @ NY, USA
- Stop TB Partnership & WHO, United to End TB: A Global Response to a Global Emergency, 19 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- The Abraaj Group/ Merrill Lynch/ Global Impact Investing Network, Forum on Scaling Impact Investment, 18 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- UN Global Compact, UN Private Sector Forum 2017- Financing the 2030 Agenda, 18 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- MIT, The Solve Challenge Finals in New York City, 17 September 2017 @ NY, USA
- The 49th Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health (APACPH), 16-19 August 2017 @ Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, INFUSE Workshop, 18-19 July 2017 @ Barcelona, Spain
- The 15th Meeting of WHO Patient Safety Programme & Industry Representatives (POPS-Hand Hygiene), 26-27 June 2017 @ Geneva, Switzerland
- The 4th International Consortium for Prevention & Infection Control (ICPIC) Conference 2017, 20-23 June 2017 @ Geneva, Switzerland
- The 44th Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) Annual Conference 2017, 14-16 June 2017 @ Portland, USA
- Stop TB Partnership, Coordinating Board Meeting, 16-18 May 2017 @ Berlin, Germany
- Partnership for Dengue Control (PDC), Workshop “New and Innovative Approaches to Laboratory Diagnosis of Zika, Dengue and other Arboviruses”, 2-4 May, 2017 @ Annecy, France
- UN Global Compact Making Global Goals Local Business – India, 26-27 April, 2017 @ New Delhi, India
- Pan African Harmonization Working Party (PAHWP), The 4th African Regulatory Forum on Medical Diagnostics, 3-4 Dec 2016 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Center on Global Health Architecture
5-11-2, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-8501, Japan