Team for Japan 2020
Mitsubishi UFJ Research and Consulting is the think tank arm of Mitsubishi UFJ
Financial Group, and has bases in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka, Japan’s three biggest cities. Our business
activities cover various fields, ranging from corporate management consulting, strategic support for global
businesses, policy research and consulting, economic research, to employee training and business seminars,
In 2013, at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Tokyo was elected as Host City of the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in 2020. Following it, various preparations for 2020 is getting active, which include: planning of the entire operation of the Games; construction of facilities; urban development around the venues; area promotion for inbound tourists and training camps; and encouragement of sports to public.
Team for Japan 2020, our special team consisting of our researchers and consultants having wide range of rich expertise and overseas network, are now working to contribute to the success of the mega-sporting event as well as to vitalisation of the entire Japan through such big event.
In recent Games, such aspects as sustainability in the Games and creation of tangible and intangible legacies to the next generation are getting focused on. In this page, we will introduce the latest information regarding challenges and trends for Olympic and Paralympic in Tokyo.
Reports & Publications
- 2016/9/28 Corporate Involvement in the Paralympics – The Sainsbury’s Case (M. Okuno, K. Nakamura)
- 2016/9/28 More accessible and inclusive Games. Case in London 2012 (N. Motohashi, M. Okuno, K. Nakamura)
- 2015/2/25 Interview Series for Tokyo 2020: Promotion of Sustainability in Big Events – through Development of ISO20121 and Supply Chain Management (N. Motohashi, M. Akaki)
- 2015/2/25 Interview Series for Tokyo 2020: Don’t miss such a great opportunity to change people’s perspectives of disabled people (N. Motohashi, M. Akaki)
- 2015/2/25 Interview Series for Tokyo 2020: Achieving Sustainability through Challenge of a Sponsor Company (N. Motohashi, M. Akaki)
- 2015/2/25 Interview Series for Tokyo 2020: Assurance of Sustainability in 2012 London Olympic/Paralympics through a Commission for a Sustainable London 2012 (N. Motohashi)