You can find investigative reports on macroeconomics and research papers concerning public policy and management.
As markets integrate both at home and oversea, one of the keys to a company’s survival is to offer innovative products or services with high added value. Through interviews with managers regarding actual business cases, the author has identified ways to realize effective communication that would promote innovation.
(1) One aspect of innovation is that it is time-consuming, and the existence of leaders (managers) is critical in creating organizations that understand that fact.
(2) Control-oriented communication, which is necessary for business operation, is not compatible with innovation.
(3) Extremely important factors in accelerating innovation are (i) markets where innovators are proactive and passionate about their work and (ii) the ability to observe customers. It is also necessary to shift one’s perspective on work from”work that one is forced to perform”to”work that one wants to do.”
(4) The ability to observe customers requires, as a precondition, people with specialized knowledge and experience related to given tasks.
(5) Leaders (managers) must open up to subordinates, let them take ownership of work once it is assigned to them and providing encouragement.
(6) Leaders (managers) must not deviate from the principle of prioritizing those aspects beneficial to customers.
Putting these into practice requires the conviction that people are more conservative than might be thought and so do not rush to buy new products or services. For a company to heighten its ability to disseminate information in today’s information society, the key is how it can convey messages that highlight the advantages of their products. Therefore, companies that understand their customers’opinions hold an advantageous position.